What is DanceSport?
The International Olympic Committee now recognise DanceSport as a sport and it is expected that eventually it will be included in the Olympic program. People as young as 4 years, or as mature as 90 years, can enjoy this wonderful pastime. To dance is a natural human activity, and also with it, comes many advantages, which are:
- Thorough but gentle way to exercise your body without knowing it
- Develop co-ordination of mind and muscle
- Encourages good poise, irrespective of age
- Develops good muscle tone and gives a person that "wonderful feeling of being alive"
- Teaches participants the social graces
- Helps to keep you youthful with an up to date spontaneity
- Is one of the few hobbies that couples or friends can do together
- Is a great social asset in developing skills of communication
- Promotes confidence, self-assurance and awareness of life
- Develops artistic creativity and musical interpretation
- The competitive dancer's opportunity to dress up and feel "special"
- Is the most rewarding way to spend your leisure time
- The best and easiest way to meet someone your are interested in
- And best of all instigates great friendships that can last a lifetime